Ireland is a small island country next door to Great Britain. From Vikings, Celts, Guinness and more, Ireland is rich with culture thanks to the numerous groups that settled there, creating a deep and charming history.
Today, the country embraces old and new with plenty of interests for every traveler on a rewards trip. It is a great place to send people for travel incentives for many reasons. While Dublin can be expensive, many of the other towns offer more affordable options without losing the romance and amenities Dublin offers. Let’s explore some of the best things to do on your employees’ next trip to Ireland.
1. Road Trip: One of the best ways to experience Ireland is to get out and explore the beauty of this majestic country. Visits to the Ring of Kerry, Gap of Dunloe, Cliffs of Moher and even the Slea Head Drive are not to be missed. You will be able to take in all the scenery and experience quaint villages along the way.
2. Dingle Peninsula: This area has amazing coastline views, old monuments, ancient ruins, and even connects to the Slea Head Drive. The city of Dingle also has an aquarium, boat tours, art galleries, and top notch sea food restaurants to satisfy culinary interests. This entire region is noted as being the bastion of Irish language and culture. This is a great day trip or post extension for guests who want to extend after their incentive trip.
3. Irish Whiskey Museum: We can’t take you to Ireland and not let you taste whiskey. Let your tastes buds loose with this unique tour that gives you the rich history of how Irish whiskey came to be, how it fell out of favor and then returned with a most popular vengeance to the worldwide whiskey scene. We can also arrange a tour and tasting at Old Jameson or Teeling Whiskey Distillery.
4. Trinity College: Step back in time and wander through the rows of literature preserved throughout the beautiful buildings on the Trinity College campus. It contains 5 million books and receives 100,000 new pieces of literature each year. The wonder of this gem in Dublin is it houses The Book of Kells—Ireland's greatest cultural treasure. The Book of Kells is the most famous and beloved manuscript from the medieval era. This 9th Century book is beautifully decorated and depicts the four Gospels of the life of Jesus Christ from the Holy Bible. This is a must for every group to Ireland.
5. Whale Watching in West Cork: The best time to catch the migration of these magnificent animals is between September and November.
6. Blackrock Observatory: Spend a night stargazing with the experts at Blackrock Observatory. Learn more about the universe and outer space and then take a tour of the enchanting castle in Cork.
7. See a Show: Alongside London, Dublin has embraced the arts and has plenty of theatrical opportunities. An evening in Dublin should always include a play or take in a dance performance and then grab a drink at a nearby pub.
8. Killarney National Park: Dotted with lakes, gorgeous mountain ranges and a 15th Century castle, this is a must-visit part of Ireland. McGillycuddy's Reeks, the highest mountain range in Ireland, is nestled in Killarney National Park.
9. Cliffs Of Moher: Breathtaking views and steep ridges line the Atlantic Ocean making the Cliffs of Moher one of the most popular and majestic outdoor sightseeing adventures in Ireland.
10. Culinary Connection: Try the food, the beer, and bask in everything this diverse country has to offer. You can’t visit the Emerald Island without trying these culinary gems:
Ireland is waiting. Explore the beauty of its endless coastline, indulge in the rich food, enjoy the welcome from locals and let your employees be transformed by an unforgettable Irish adventure. And as the saying goes: There are no strangers in Ireland, only friends you haven’t met, yet.
The best part of working with Docherty Incentives & Meetings is that we will help you craft your ideal experience and be at your assistance every step of a program’s plan. Our CEO personally visits every hotel, restaurant, and properly vets each entertainment option to create a tailored individualized experience. Whether you are looking for travel incentives for your employees or planning an annual business meeting, let Docherty Incentives & Meetings help you craft the best Irish getaway.